Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome Back to Art!

What a great week of art classes I had this week.  It was so good to see returning students and I loved meeting our new students too!. 

I have some new and exciting projects for Forest North Students this year and I am looking forward to getting started!  Over the summer, I went to a workshop on book-binding and I hope you have as much fun with making your own books as I did.  We are going to be making at least 4 of your own sketchbooks.  I hope this will be something you love to do and maybe you can pass it on to family members too!

I added a video on another way to bind a book and a few grade levels will be watching this video next week.  If you would like to try it ahead of time, check out the video, just scroll down and it will be there.

Zentangle By Ms. Bell
Also, this year, we are adding on a new project called Zentangles.  I know it sounds funny, but the idea behind it is simple. It's an "artistic meditation that uses repetitive patterns to create images." It's what we called doodling back in the 80's!  I hope you all have fun with it, I know I have.

I would like to get my students to trade their Tangles with others, we even talked about one day in class, making jewelry out of them?  Could be a great gift for Teachers!

Thanks for a great week and I look forward to more great weeks with you all! 










No comments: