Friday, November 30, 2012

Mark Rothko inspired paintings with Kindergarten

Today, was a great day with my Kindergarten class.  We worked with Chalk Pastels and boy was it messy!  They did a great job with the messy medium and I took a poll afterward, they had a blast too, so it was all worth it.

I saw this idea on another Art Teachers website and even though she is teaching 6th-8th graders in Italy, I thought this would be a great project for Kindergarten.  We learned about the following things today.


  • Shape - Squares and Rectangles
  • Color - Primary, Secondary
  • Chalk pastels - fun and messy
  • Mark Rothko - Abstract Expressionist
  • Art room safety - Wearing Aprons, covering our tables, washing and cleaning our hands, taking turns at the sink and being helpful to your art teacher by helping her with roll up the butcher paper! 
I have a ton of helpers! Which I love!




No comments: