Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Getting close......

I can't believe it's getting close to the Holiday Season. I have been planning a couple of up-coming projects for all grade levels and I am getting in the Spirit of the Holiday Season.  I think this cold weather is changing my mind too.

Over the last month all grade levels have completed an Architectural Unit.  We have talked about buildings, home construction, and what it takes to become an Architect. The artwork really turned out great and I hope some are inspired when they see it.

Since we have finished Shape and Texture we are moving on to my favorite Art Element which is Color.  I have some great lessons planned for Kindergarten and for 1st grade and even a math/color lesson for 2nd and 4th.

The 5th graders will be continuing with basic drawing skills. We completed the Seascapes and are moving on to Still-lifes.  But not just any old still-life.  I have a collection of bottles that I set up so the students can learn not only shape, but shading and texture as well.   Since they did such a good job on the Seascapes I have to give them another challenge!

No comments: